1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
Hi, my name is Julie Jewels Bertrand. But most of my friends call me Jewels. I am from New York City. I’m a Yoga & Meditation Teacher, Soul Guide and Travel Blogger. I’m a former New York City Radio Advertising Director. These days I’m on a “Soul-O Journey” across the globe and into the heart of the soul. I left America “Barefoot To Bangkok and Beyond”. I travel to lands far and wide and committed to show people in high stress lifestyles, how to create INNER PEACE and become MORE SUCCESSFUL with LESS EFFORT so they can live and prosper in their life’s purpose.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I love traveling to spiritual places, especially SE Asia. I have featured posts about temples, beaches and yoga and meditation centers across Thailand, Nepal, India, Bali and more. I love eating at vegetarian and healthy food restaurants. As a former New Yorker and California resident, I love fashion trends. I also love to rest my body in luxury hotels. Some of my favorites are the Four Seasons in Bora Bora, The Traders Hotel in Kuala Lumpur and the Soho Grand in NYC.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
Once I started to travel full time in 2015, my friends and former advertising clients expressed how they were living vicariously through me. So I made a commitment to show them my world. In a way, it’s like I am taking them along with me on the journey.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
Snapseed, Beauty Plus, MakeUp+
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
@gurusinghyogi is my spiritual inspiration. I learned my yoga from him. I like the styles of @inthefrow. And of course, my California best friend @travelwithkiki
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
I’d say, snapseed. It’s a breeze to make your photos shine.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
Well, I’ve been in media my whole life. Radio and television. Now I get to mix this world with travel and showcase it to a global platform. What’s better than that! Plus, I can teach more people about healthy lifestyles and stress release. My New York friends really value this.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
You have to only work with brand that really resonate with you. I’m a vegetarian, healthy woman committed to elevating the consciousness of the planet. So working with natural and eco brands are a must.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
It’s so important to “Dare to be you”! One of my favorite quotes by the dancer, Martha Graham sums it up beautifully. “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
As a full time traveler and yogi, I am always on the go. I need to know fast what are the best places to say and products to use. I rely heavily on my fellow social media influencers. So for me, it’s about giving back by showcasing valuable products and places to my community.
- Film, Music & Books
- Hair & Beauty
- Health & Fitness
- Nature & Outdoors
United States of America
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!