How luxury stores can use Instagram to improve brand management, bolster trust and loyalty, and improve customer service through posts, stories, and IGTVs.
Attention luxury brands! If you’re looking for new ways to reach your wealthy customers, it’s time to start using Instagram. Your customers are using social media and notice your presence. But be careful, they are not interested in companies that use Instagram to toot their own horn. Your message should be about how to benefit your customers. Let’s take a look at a few strategies your luxury business can use on Instagram to be relevant and promote your brand.
How to Gain a Customer’s Trust and Loyalty on Instagram?
Successful brand management includes using every available marketing tool to build a pipeline of loyal customers who respect your products, and services. Your luxury brand can use Instagram to promote your brand by following a few simple guidelines:
- Practice transparency—put a face to the company by featuring photos of your company’s employees. This personalization helps the customer feel connected and not like they’re talking to a logo.
- Establish a genuine voice—be familiar, relevant, and likable. People don’t respond to business jargon and buzzwords on social media. Create IGTVs with useful information to get attention.
- Engage your customer—ask them what they value. They’re looking for the opportunity to tell you what they think.
- Reward loyal customers—post about special offers and sweet deals that are tailored to your customers’ buying preferences.
- Involve your employees—allow them to post their experiences about the company and products. It’s better PR than corporate announcements.
- Demonstrate your status in the industry—reshare links and articles that talk about your business. It’s always better to be recognized than it is to brag.
- Share information about your business—customers are interested in behind-the-scenes information. Make them feel privy to your business success.
Use Instagram for Customer Service and Feedback
How can your luxury business use Instagram to find out what your customers want? Simply ask them. Let’s take luggage as an example. Suppose your high-end store wants to revitalize your luggage selection. Other than using historical data to analyze and place new orders for the next season, you could create an Instagram Story poll to ask your customers, “What’s your favorite brand of luggage? Tumi, Briggs and Riley, Hartmann, or another brand? And what’s your favorite piece? Let us know.”
You can glean information from thousands of followers on their luggage preferences, which might aid your company in your buying process. More importantly, your company would have engaged your customers and shown them that their opinions are wanted and valued. Customers will come back for more information and interaction if they know that what they say matters.
Monitor Your Brand on Instagram
An ideal way to find out what other people are saying about your brand is to listen. There are scanning tools on the market that make it easy to receive alerts when your company’s name is mentioned on Instagram. Use what’s being said about your products, services, and image to nip problems in the bud and get feedback on issues and ideas.
Like it or not, social media has put some control of your brand in your customers’ hands. So use Instagram posts and Stories for your customers’ benefit, and watch the world take notice as your message gets re-published. It’s important to include a link to Instagram on the homepage of their website to make it easy for customers to connect with your prestige brand.
About the author: Bianca J. Ward is a professional online essay writer at EssayWriterFree where she provides people with qualitative works. Besides, she is a passionate photographer and traveler who has visited 52 countries all over the world. Bianca dreams about creating a photo exhibition to present her works to others.