1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I work full-time as Maybelline’s social media manager, but before that I’ve been a blogger for nearly 10 years! I was born and raised in New York and still live here today. I started my fashion blog at 16 years old and it took off a few years later. I had the opportunity to attend New York, London and Tel-Aviv Fashion Weeks through my blog when I was still in college. At that time I also expanded to cover art, travel, and now beauty.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
travel, beauty – makeup looks, art, and fashion.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
My best friend in high school and I thought it would be cute to have matching usernames. She was ‘a shot of sam’, so I became ‘a hit of sarah’.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I LOVE a color story – the filters are so clean and vibrant. I also use snapseed to give more detail to my images. I also love VSCO and facetune.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
I really love @amy_stone and @rubenhughes. They were both community managers at the Gap, which was my first professional job out of college. They originally inspired me to get into social media as a profession.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Instagram live, so cool.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
Because my following is smaller and I don’t rely on my personal social media to make a living, my judgement is truly trusted. I love being creative and inspiring others too.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
When brands work with influencers who organically use and talk about their products, it seems more authentic. One time deals don’t look great on the influencer or their followers.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
There are so many instagrammers out there, you need to be original, authentic and unique to stand out amongst them.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Trying new products and experiencing things and being able to share that. 🙂
- Hair & Beauty
United States of America
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!