1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I’m currently a college student working on my BFA, and I work as a freelance photographer. I grew up in a small town next to the Buffalo River in Arkansas. I love being in nature and photographing the beauty it holds.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I mostly photograph people and natural landscapes, but I love exploring different types of photography from fine art to cityscapes. My Instagram is sort of my photo blog and I post many of my landscapes and portraits that I take.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
It started out as my email and twitter when I was in 7th grade and I’ve just always used it since then so I don’t have a million usernames to remember.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I do most of my editing in Adobe Light room, but for on the go editing I use VSCO Cam and Afterlight. I try to keep my shots natural so I don’t do a lot of cosmetic fixes to my photos. Just some basic light and color corrections and then usually a light filter to get my look right. I love VSCO Film for Lightroom, they give your photos that extra pop.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
I love a lot of the Instagrammers in my state of Arkansas. @meetjosue and @thejeffrose really capture the natural beauty of the state. I’m really inspired by @fursty and @skeleton_key_photography. Their photographs are always amazing!
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
If you are a lover of Lightroom presets than I would check put VSCO Film presets. They give your images that vintage film look without overdoing it like some filters can.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
Working with amazing brands and figuring out fun and unique ways to incorporate their brand into my photographs.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Try to find people who shoot their images in a unique way. Unusual images catch the eye and can help in giving your product or service a fresh new way of looking at it. I always shoot in my own style, don’t try to persuade a person to shoot a different way. They became popular because of how their images look and trying to change that will not bode well with followers.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
Try to always upload your best shots! A quality image will really speak to people and help in spreading your photography around. Creating beautiful, original images makes me always feel happy and accomplished. Knowing that you created this amazing image just really boosts your self esteem and will put you in a great mood.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Getting the chance to work with amazing brands that I love and sharing amazing products with my followers!
- Nature & Outdoors
United States of America
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!