1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
My name is Neldy Germain. I am a designer, graphic artist and freelance photographer. I just finished a bachelor’s degree at Concordia University in Fine Arts. I live in Montreal with my wife and two kids.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I’m pretty scattered when it comes to what i post but I mostly try and write out a scenario or scene and try to recreate it as a picture by using props or locations. I also like to venture out in my city to find cool spots to shoot or just portraits of friends or my favorite subjects, my two kids Tiger and Norah. I guess i dont have a set style but I try and feel out s shot and see if it works.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
Funny story father’s name is LyoNEL and my mother’s name is GlaDYs. They took the last part of their names and put them together and you have Neldy (Nel + Dy). They were pretty free spirited when they decided to name me. My siblings have more regular names lol.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I use lightroom, photoshop, snapseed, SKRWT and vsco for the filters. I usually start out with a filter to see what looks good as a base and then play around until i’m satisfied with the final result. Oh and i cant edit without music, that’s a must have for me.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
that’s such a tough question I admire pros like @connor @wesleytaylor and @alexstrohl but i also really like local people from my city like @montrealism @safesolvent @inayali @fleurdelys and @veron1ca_zhou. They each have such a different style in their photos but still represent Montreal so well in their unique ways.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
They just opened up the upper deck of place ville-marie to the public. Its a cool spot to really see nice views of the city. A must see for sure.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
Meeting new people, exchange ideas and collaborate. Its always fun to hang out with other instagrammers from my city or even meet new people when I travel and be able to explore areas that people might not know or see something in a different light.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Be true to yourself. People want to see your own spin on a brand and that’s what make them want to interact with you and maybe discover something new through your experience.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
I’d say its important to always put out a photo that you’re proud of. You’re putting a piece of yourself out there for the world to see and you always make sure that its the best you can possibly do. And once you do that, you push try and push yourself to do even better. There’s always ways to improve a picture or a scene or theme or editing. So really get out there and keep shooting.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Discovering new products is always fun. At the same time too i’d love partnering with brands that let me create better content for myself and showcasing them in the process.
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!