1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I am an Austrian born travel photographer and writer. 5 years ago, I first stepped foot on New Zealand soil. A journey which soon sparked my passion for exploring and telling stories about my adventures not only here in Aotearoa, but later on, all across the world. Having always had an interested in business and the academics in general, I never formally intended to become a professional creative. In March 2015 I began my blogging and Instagramm-ing endeavour, and – now – I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
My topic of interest is travel; a vast topic encompassing foreign cultures, wildlife, and impressive landscapes. Showcasing the true colours of a destination without filters is very important to me. I also like to focus on fashion, sustainability and authenticity.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
My parents did pretty well 23 years ago.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I shoot everything in RAW mode on my camera. After editing them on Lightroom, I load them onto Dropbox. I then download the photo of my choice onto my phone and on Instagram it goes.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
Ben Brown [@mrbenbrown] has always been someone I look up to. I appreciate his genuine and down-to-earth attitude, and, naturally, his talent to capture his surroundings continues to inspire me.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Try less to be like someone else. It’s always refreshing seeing someone do their own thing and not trying to take a shot or post a caption in a way that has been seen a few too many times before. We need more of that!
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
The ability to engage with a generation who is curious, smart, and creative.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
By pinpointing what it is they want to communicate with the rest of the world and by doing so over and over. Great quality shots are Instagram’s currency, the value of quality should never be underestimated.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
Both are crucial. Especially if one thinks about longterm success and viability. You don’t have to reinvent the world to be original. Most of the time, a different angle and continuous high-quality output will do the trick.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
What I love about partnering with brands is the opportunity to tell a personal story about a product. It’s exciting to make my visions come to live with the help of brands my followers and myself can identify with.
- Health & Fitness
- Nature & Outdoors
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!