1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
My name is Melanie and I’m turning 20 years old this year. I’m half Malaysian chinese and half Filipino. I started being an freelance micro-influencer after having my first IT job. Yes, I work for an IT company with no IT background. Started from the bottom with lots of inside training and now still enjoying working for IT industry!
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
My topics of interest are fashion and lifestyle. I post mostly are fashion, fashion, beauty and wellness etc. There are more that I would love to try if there’s the opportunity such as pets, gaming, travel and food reviews.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
My Instagram name came about when I was 16, fan girl of 5 Seconds of Summer. The name Melanie Hemmings came from the idea of combining the lead singer of 5SOS, Luke Hemmings. After that I remain my Instagram that way and still surprised back then how people know me as @melaniehemmings.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
There are many photo-editing applications I have in my device. And my to-go use are VSCO, Snapseed, Light Distortions, Quickshot and Lightroom.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
The instagrammer that inspire me the most is, Malaysian’s top model Amber Chia.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Get inspiration from your favourite Instagrammer and come out with your own ideas. Express yourself in your captions and most importantly be authentic.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
My favorite part are being recognize that I have a collaboration with this certain brand and knowing that I have many loyal Instagrammer fans. Couldn’t be more grateful about that especially my supportive Fiance.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Maintain the authenticity by discovering more quality influencers instead of the wannabe’s that don’t even care about quality reviews but just the “sponsorships”.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
Never be afraid of creating your own idea instead of copying other influencers idea of photography and captions.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Having the brand discovering my profile and send in a personal email about collaboration.
- Animals & Pets
- Film, Music & Books
- Food & Drink
- Hair & Beauty
- Health & Fitness
- Nature & Outdoors
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!