1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I’m Sonal – a travel blogger from India, currently living in Germany. I have the heart of a hippie and the soul of a gypsy. I met Sandro (from Germany) in a music festival in Thailand and we eventually got married in India. Our aim is to inspire people to travel more with our travel stories, photos and videos.
Our blog – www.DrifterPlanet.com is about our crazy life as we travel around the world in search of adventure with our beloved GoPro and tent. Our travel style is a mix of adventure, learning about cultures, or enjoying some of the best underground parties. You will mostly find us chilling on our hammocks but on other days climbing for hours to find a perfect viewpoint, or spending time with the locals to learn more about their culture, or completely going offline as we switch off our gadgets in a music festival. For us, life is all about experiencing new places and things as we travel together as a couple.
Our motto is to “travel like a happy hippie” and we love spreading happiness where we go.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I post about interesting landscapes and my adventures on the road. I love attending music festivals and I occasionally post a few festival photos. I also love capturing interesting architecture, streets and underwater life.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
It was an obvious choice to match my blog name.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
My photo-editing routine is a simple one because I post my pictures while traveling. I use snapseed for most of my photos and occasionally use lightroom when I have some extra time. For my 360 degree photos, I use Insta360 nano app.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
I love nomadasaurus, theplanetd, mylifesatravelmovie, saltinourhair and overrated_outcast – and of course each one of these accounts inspire me.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
360 degree animated videos or tiny planet photos – you can create them with a 360 degree camera. I have one too – it’s Insta360 Nano.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
Sharing my recommendations / finds with my audience and hearing they booked a tour / a hotel based on my blog.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Brands should focus on quality vs quantity. They should create a strong marketing strategy and work with a selected group of bloggers with a highly engaged audience to implement it.
I maintain my authenticity by showing my unique perspective about a selected number of brands that I can personally vouch for.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
Try to tell a story with your picture or words. Sometimes simplicity works better than fancy words.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Creating content with a purpose by doing what I love doing – traveling.
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!