1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I’m a complete wanderlust with a passion for learning about new cultures and traditions, and later cooking and writing about it. I find the unknown and different cultures fascinating! I quit my full-time job to travel from the U.S. overseas, to travel write, food blog, create children’s books on healthy eating and culture, and cookbooks on cuisines of the world. I’m also chef and host of a YouTube show called Single Serving, cooking for the single lifestyle, with episodes coming out soon! Please follow along on Facebook at SKParfait526 and www.skparfait.com
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I mostly post food and travel photos on instagram as I have a love for cooking, photography, and travel.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
My instagram name SKParfait is the name of my food blog/website, also containing my initials and the word parfait which means a layered dessert or even a hidden meaning of many layers, alluding to my many interests.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I keep my photo editing to a minimum using mainly instagram and sometimes a collage app.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
I think they should try Aspiration for an online-based bank account with no withdrawl or international fees. I’m also loving my Lo & Sons O.M.G. bag for my laptop and a cool spare set of shoes separate compartment. It’s very stylish and functional for travel. I also love my Laundry by Shelli Segal spring jacket with a hidden hood and quick-dry material, it’s really great. Puma slip on sneakers are also so comfortable for walking. Another amazing little clutch I found on Amazon is the YALUXE Women’s RFID Blocking Leather Large Wristlet Clutch Passport Checkbook – it holds everything! The Hipknoties – 1 Garment 30 Ways is also a must-have for travelers or any woman really! The Venture Pal Lightweight Packable Durable Travel Hiking Backpack has been a lifesaver, a very durable packable backpack, love it! I could go on and on about more items haha!
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
I love sharing my sincere opinions and experiences with products, in hopes of helping someone find a product they love too.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
I think it’s important to work with brands that align with your interests and beliefs. For example, with Social Native they sometimes send unrelated campaigns, like one to promote Burger King recently, where I don’t promote unhealthy food so I chose not to participate in that campaign.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
I think real-life, un-staged photos are the best, to show how you use the product, with sincere facial expressions and environment.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
I love sharing my sincere opinions and experiences with products, in hopes of helping someone find a product they love too. It’s also great to learn about a new brands as well, that I may not have used or heard of before.
- Animals & Pets
- Cars & Motorcycles
- Film, Music & Books
- Food & Drink
- Hair & Beauty
- Health & Fitness
- Nature & Outdoors
United States of America
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!