1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I’m an Israeli-Colorado based photographer, artist, and model. I grew up in Colorado and have always been drawn to certain elements of nature. I now live in Denver with my sphynx cat Bela Lugosi amongst old and strange things to fulfill my need for city nights. I spend most of my time researching my latest obsessions, creeping about cemeteries and cathedrals at any hour of the day. Most of my work is shared through my instagram @svrvinissvn and can be purchased at sarainissan.bigcartel.com
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I am very inspired by things of the past, be it 19th-century occult books or gothic architecture or old buildings wherever I happen to be. There is a strong nostalgia I feel for old mansions and trinkets from the past, they were simpler times and over all far more aesthetically pleasing. I post a lot of photos of my cat child and my newest oddities, as well as a selfie or two (I like to mess around with makeup here and there.) I have been working a lot more with collage lately (inspired by Max Ernst’s "Un Semaine De Bonte") so I have been posting a lot more of that rather than conceptual photo shoots, which I haven’t had too much time for.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
I flitted through a few instagram usernames, I wanted to move on to something more "professional" as I got more serious about my photography so my instagram name is just my name (Sarai Nissan) but I replaced all of the "a’s" with "v’s" nothing special, I just wanted something a little more professional but not boring.
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I use the app Afterlight to edit my photos if needed, usually to desaturate or some other minor adjustments; it is really all about capturing the perfect light on a cloudy day.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
Everyone I follow!
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Eeek, I’m not sure, watch the Elfman’s The Forbidden Zone, its a trip.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
I like to connect with other people and I love to collaborate!
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Create a vision and stay true to it.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
No one is ever going to be original, the world is just oversaturated with media for anyone to be truly original so it is best to try and be as unique as possible!
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Like I mentioned above, I love to collaborate with other people and meld ideas.
- Film, Music & Books
- Hair & Beauty
- Nature & Outdoors
United States of America
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!