1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
My name is Lutho Naye Manentsa , I’m an eccentric 22 year old from Johannesburg . You’re more typical juxtaposition between a guys girl and a girly girl . I love sneakers , I love flowers ( despite intense allergies ) , I love books and museums and just learning new things.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
The things I post the most on Instagram are flowers , food , drinks , clothes and art. I just love experiencing different aspects of life so my interests are scattered in the Beat way .
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
My Instagram name is my stage name , so it was really simple figuring out what to call myself on Instagram . My stage name is alsk partly my real name , which I find to be quite exotic and different considering where I’m from ( South Africa )
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I use PhotoGrid and VSCOcam to edit my pictures . I keep the editing quite simple and quite light , I like to darken the exposure a little to give the pictures depth and richness . I like for colours to pop without looking too artificial and I also sometimes like to cool the temperature of the picturez
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
I love Instagrammers who aren’t following a specific Instagram trend in terms of how a feed should look , e.g., minimalism . I like feeds that look organic and real . Some of my favourites are @palesakgasane @letatokgamanye @greylayers @naijcklln
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Natural home remedies for your face , woah they really work . Iv been into trying home made facials with some natural ingredients . Straight out of my fridge and cupboard 🙂
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
I just love having the opportunity to make girls who feel extremely regular understand that regular is beautiful. I like being able to use Instagram to inspire being yourself and liking all the things you like without having to become like other people on Instagram .
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Remembering who you’re trying to reach – this helps keep the authenticity of what you’re trying to achieve.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
It’s really important to present your products and yourself in the way that you wish to be perceived . You’re the only person who can provide a genuine understanding of who you are and what you’re working with so it’s important to invest fully in the quality and authenticity of your work .
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
I like feeling cool and beautiful and expanding the reach of brands to people who are a little be more like myself – a little bit more regular ( at heart ) . I like playing around with looks and ideas and sonworking with brands is fun cause I’m constantly redesigning my world and taking my followers on the ride with me .
- Film, Music & Books
- Food & Drink
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!