1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
Hi world! I’m Joel, aged 24 and I am from the tiny red dot on the map – Singapore. Currently studying at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and majoring in Chemical Engineering. Oh god I know, sounds boring and I’m constantly dreading to adult. But here’s to finding the small joys in life along the way!
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I love animals, love travelling, love sports, love to eat, love to sleep, love receiving gifts, love feeling loved. I treat Instagram as my photo journal, so you’ll just find daily things surrounding my life, while trying to keep my gallery aesthetically pleasing. Follow me up will ya 😉
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
@joeltkl is basically just my name and my initials. Nothing fancy. I created an Instagram account for my pup too @buddytkl and as you can see by our names, we are related..! U gotta give him a follow he’s a real qt3.147
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
VSCOCAM!!! Makes the world a better place.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
If you’re good-looking ima give you a follow hahaha. And also people who posts aesthetically pleasing pictures! But mainly friends and people I know personally make up the bulk of my following (they are exempted from the above unspoken rules). When I was travelling, my all-time inspirational travel account has got to be @doyoutravel.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
We should try to keep thing as real as possible! Someone once told me Instagram is named insta for instant but the irony is that we spend so much time getting the perfect shot, editing it with the perfect filter, thinking of the perfect caption, all in the name of perfection. But hey, sometimes less is more.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
You get to share the good deals with your friends, with your followers!!!! Everyone benefits really!
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
Never underestimate the influence that microinfluencers can provide for your brand! Reaching out into everyone’s social circles to promote a brand is highly effective and influential given how social media is a huge part of our lives today. Give us more campaigns to create content and perhaps more leeway in content creation so that we can remain authentic in what we post as well!
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
ALWAYS BE YOU!!!! You should only do what you want to do!
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
The creativity of content creation, recognition for your efforts, free products, while simultaneously promoting yourself!
- Animals & Pets
- Food & Drink
- Hair & Beauty
- Health & Fitness
- Kids & Parenting
- Nature & Outdoors
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!