1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
I grew up in a Chicago suburb (Go Cubs). I moved to the Nashville, TN area after college. When I’m not beauty blogging, I manage Social Media accounts and campaigns for a variety of clients.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I am passionate about all things beauty and enjoy sharing great products with people. I am paying more attention to skin care lately. It is really important to stick to a regular regimen to see the best results. I’m also obsessed with highlighters, metallic lippies and glitter!!
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
That’s an easy answer! My name is Jodi and I am a total Glam Girl!
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I have a lite box so I have really bright working space to take pictures. I take a million pics with my iPhone 6 Plus of the same thing so I know there will be at least one I will like. I use the Aviary app to sharpen and enhance the pic as well as add my watermark. I also back up all my pics with the Amazon Prime Photos App (free for Prime members).
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
I started following @seattlemua.renee and @makeupaddictsrejoice when I began and they are both inspirational women who are extremely talented. Shining, positive examples in the beauty community.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Rodan + Fields skincare! It is life changing. I searched for years for skin care that I could see results from. It is never too early to start taking care of your skin. Men too!
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
Interacting with other like minded individuals in the beauty community. I’ve developed wonderful friendships from some of the women I have met through beauty blogging. It’s the best being able to talk about makeup and girly things with other women.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
I have worked tirelessly to establish my brand JodiGlamGirl as a trustworthy and capable beauty expert across many social media avenues. I give my honest review whether I paid for products or received for review. I don’t want anyone spending their hard earned money on products that aren’t worth it.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
Be yourself. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing or how they are doing. Don’t focus on numbers. In my opinion, it should always be quality over quantity. It is important that you maintain your own voice. Stick with what you know and are good at. Consistency is key.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
Trying new products! It’s like Christmas when I get a PR box. I consider it an honor to be given a chance to try products and share my opinion so I treat it that way.
- Hair & Beauty
United States of America
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!