1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
My name is Janel and I’m a blogger based in sunny Singapore.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
I started off as a blogger and got on instagram when it first started. That time, instagram wasn’t very well used by Singaporeans yet so I regret not building up on it soon enough. Only 2 years ago did I start to properly feed my feed (pun intended) with better quality photos. 🙂 While I started off with posting food, nowadays I also post lifestyle and travel photos, well, on and off.
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
It was made up of my real name, Janel Ku, but I dragged out the ‘sound’ at the end. Also, talking/laughing point. 🙂
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I usually use snapseed app to ensure that the quality and colour of the photo is acceptable to me before uploading it to my feed.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
I really like well-curated travel and flatlay instagram feeds. Doing a flatlay isn’t as easy as it seems, it takes a creative eye, with an artistic frame in mind. Until now I’m still learning from other instagrammers. I also really get impressed by instagrammers and bloggers who keep their reviews real to their followers, because I find that many of them find it increasingly hard maintaining authenticity in the current saturated social media space.
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
Live video streaming. haha.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
The ability to share with people on what gets me excited, topics on food, lifestyle, travel. Basically, to help others come to a decision if they are looking for another reliable view on whether or not they should try out, go for or experience that particular thing/item/ product that I’ve reviewed.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
When ever I work with a client, I always keep it real and am honest it if I feel something goes against my values. I believe in open communication on both parties, this achieves the greatest effect and results for a better promotion.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
Always be true to yourself and to your followers. Your followers follow you because they believe in your reviews, they rely on you in a sense, so always have that in mind when you do up your content, and treat others the same way you want to be treated.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
I like to be able to share what I believe in, and when I recognise that a brand has values in which I relate to and stand for, I’m passionate about spreading that belief.
- Food & Drink
- Hair & Beauty
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!