1) Tell us a little about yourself. What are you doing now and where do you come from?
My name is Harriet and I’m a qualified primary school teacher from Chester, UK. I’m married and live with my husband and cat, Koala.
2) What are your topics of interest? What do you post on Instagram the most?
The main focus of my account is books and reading. However, I like to focus on the aesthetic side rather than simply posting book reviews. I incorporate all sorts of different interests, from interior design to food and drink to fashion. Mainly, I love to post bright, colourful content which makes me happy!
3) How did your Instagram name come about?
When my grandmother died, she left me some very old books in her will. They were too beautiful not to share, so I decided to set up an Instagram account. I knew books would feature heavily- which is where the ‘novel’ comes from – but I didn’t want to limit myself just to books. I think thesenovelthoughts works well!
4) What are some apps you use to edit your photos? Share with us your photo-editing routine!
I tend to take the photos on my canon then transfer them to my iPad, where I’ll edit them initially with the photo editing software on the photo album. If I want to edit them further, I’ll use the Photo Editor app. The main changes I’ll make are increasing light and perhaps softening.
5) Any Instagrammers whom you really like? Which Instagrammer inspires you the most?
Oh, lots and lots! I’m amazed daily when I come across beautiful accounts. In particular, I adore the outdoor shots from lavacavaa, and fashion shots from inthefrow. The account which inspires me the most is readsleepfangirl – just gorgeous!
6) If there’s one thing your fellow Instagrammers just gotta try now, what’s it gonna be?
The most exciting thing I’ve been sent recently is my Jord watch. It’s so beautiful! I love the wooden design and the detail which has gone into it. An incredible fashion piece which would go with casual and smart outfits.
7) What’s your favorite part about being an influencer?
My favourite part is hearing about up and coming brands and trying out exciting new products. The brands that I’ve worked with have all been so passionate about their products and it’s hard not to catch that enthusiasm. I love the anticipation of wondering who will be in touch next.
8) What are some of your top tips to brands for running campaigns? How do you maintain authenticity?
It’s important to ensure that the influencers are truly engaged with the product; because if they’re not, their audience won’t be either. Look outside the box too – if you’re a food/drink brand, don’t just focus on food/drink influencers because it’s possible that your product won’t stand out in the field. Try out several different areas, and see where you get the most engagement.
9) What would your advice be on the importance of quality and original content?
The importance of original, quality content can’t be understated. This is the number one key to engagement, and of course, your product needs to be displayed in the best possible way. Some instagrammers are very keen to have a theme running through their feed. That’s never been my way – I prefer that each individual picture is the best it can be.
10) What do you like best about partnering with brands?
I enjoy finding out about new brands I’ve never come across before. I love to try out beautiful new products and I really like building relationships with brands which share my ethos.
- Film, Music & Books
- Food & Drink
- Health & Fitness
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Want to be featured on our blog and Instagram? Submit your applications today and we will get back to you!